John Muir Residency FLOERS FESTIVAL and Exhibition Film | Saturday 10th June 2017:
We are delighted to be able to share a film of the recent FLOERS Festival Opening day and exhibition by the John Muir Residency Artists – Alec Finlay and Hannah Imlach. We hope it gives a real sense of the day and all the wonderful contributions, thank you to everyone who came along and all who participated.
Filmed & edited by Kevin Greenfield of Kevin Greenfield Photography © 2017 for North Light Arts.
The itinerary included a guided walk to the installation of an art work on Belhaven Salt Marsh at 11.00am with performance, exhibition opening and discussion till 4.30pm Dunbar Town House Gallery.
• 11am | Guided walk with Colin Will to the temporary installation at Belhaven Bay by Hannah Imlach
• 1pm | Performance at Belhaven Church with performance by Alec Finlay and the immersive tidesongs by Hanna Tuulikki and Lucy Duncombe, Hannah and Lucy’s beautiful vocal composition is derived from elements of coastal language.
• 1.45pm | Walk to Dunbar Town Centre.
• 2.30pm | Opening at Dunbar Town House Museum & Gallery | Film screening by Hannah Imlach shown in The Community Room and Alec presented the book minnmouth a collection of tidepoems in the languages of the East Coast (commissioned for Hull UK City of Culture 2017 and North Light Arts, Dunbar).
• 3.30pm | Artists discussion | Lila Matsumoto in conversation with Alec Finlay and Hannah Imlach.
Exhibition ran from Wednesday 7th June to Sunday 25th June 2017.
1 to 5pm each day | Dunbar Town House Museum & Gallery, High Street Dunbar, EH42 1ER.